Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall 2009

So far we have kept pretty busy this fall. We have our Halloween decorations up and our pumpkins picked! Madelyn loves the pumpkins and the "friendly ghosties" scattered throughout the house! (Everything now ends in a "y" or "ie") We spent one Saturday afternoon at the Columbus Zoo for Jack Hanna's Fall/Harvest Day. The picture below is of Adam and I trying to get Madelyn to look away from the elephants to take her picture! We got one after several tries!! She even had her first train ride! Adam was going to ride with us, but he had to make a quick jump to save my sunglasses....thankfully, they did not get run over!
After a bout of the flu, pink eye (both eyes!), and a couple trips to the doctor, everyone is healthy again! I am REALLY hoping for an ear infection free fall and winter. Madelyn's doctor even mentioned possibly taking her off the inhaler this spring! Keep your fingers crossed!!

Last weekend, I took Madelyn to Trax's Farm, one of my favorite places to visit this time of year. It is always filled with tons of kids running around! Madelyn wanted right out of the cart and into the pile of pumpkins!

Madelyn eating her pumpkin cookie. Of course, I had to have my candy apple too!

Stace and I trying to hold onto her!

Madelyn's new daycare is going very good thus far. In fact, the "trikathon" was held today. Madelyn and the other children brought their bikes to school today to learn about "bike safety" and rode their bikes to raise money for St. Jude's Hospital. We took the straps off this morning, so her dad and her practiced on how to get on and off the bike!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

She is sooo cute Allison! What a beautiful, WELL DRESSED little girl. Gosh, you and Stacy look alike in that picture!!