I had a wonderful second mom's day!
I was invited to "Muffins with Mom" at Madelyn's school. I was able to visit daycare and spend some of the morning with Madelyn. She made me a beautiful framed picture of three tulips (the petals are her hand prints). On actual Mother's Day, I participated in the "Race for the Cure" in Pittsburgh with Mom, Stace, and Adam. It was a great turnout and the weather cooperated! Too cool for Madelyn to join us which her staying home was a good thing considering we came home to a sick little one. She had a 102 degree fever and just was not feeling well! It hit her all of a sudden, Saturday she was in the best of moods! It was her first high fever and a little nerve-wrecking for us. I realized moms do not even catch a break on Mother's Day!!!!!!
The following day Adam played "Mr. Mom" and stayed home with the little girl. Her fever broke before I left for work thankfully. We were all exhausted by the evening after a VERY long night! I was so glad she was better though, I hated to see her so sick and sad!
Madelyn is saying so much now and she imitates everything! She gives great kisses, even Eskimo kisses! It's so cute! We took her to the park on Friday evening. She loved to swing and go down the slides. Both Adam and I would ride down with her on the slide (yes....this was our Friday night!). After riding the closed slide, both of our hair (Madelyn and I ) would be a mess of static! We had fun and she did great leaving the park as well!
It's Sunday and we spent the day planting some flowers and washing the windows. Getting ready to start the new week... Looks like we may be spending the evenings looking for a new washer...we had a little flood today! Much Love, Allie
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. I've been waiting on it since this is the only way I get to see her...
Post a Comment