As you can see from the pictures, Madelyn is now standing up on her own. She is getting braver each day, now using only one hand to hold on. She is also walking along the couches, t.v. stand, and pretty much anything she can get her hands on! She also got her first pair of "real" big-girl shoes. They are called "cruisers" (hence the walking or as the shoe clerk says "cruising" along the couch). I guess I didn't realize there were different shoes for every milestone (crawling, cruising, and walking), but her shoes are pretty cute! She was a hit at school the first day she wore them! It was funny to watch her get her feet measured... They said she has petite feet for her age!!!!
She now occasionally says "mama." Even though I know she has no association with it at this time, it is sweet to hear! I think she is also waving now too. Last week, she walked with her walker for the first time! All in all, she is constantly on the move. Our house is pretty much baby-proofed (I can barely get over the gates myself!).
Each morning when I go into her room, I am greeted with her standing up in her crib shaking the railing! One morning I came in and there was brown stuff all over her face, then I took a look at the crib.... it was all chewed up! Nothing a brown marker and a protective cover can't fix!!! It looked as if she had chocolate all over her face, but no just wood! There are also so teeth marks in our brand new t.v. stand. (My parents are probably enjoying this and thinking "paybacks")
We switched to a new inhaler this past week. However, we are not too successful with it at this time. She pretty much hates it! Not sure why though because it is not that different than the nebulizer. Going to keep trying at it.... As of last week at the doctor, she weighs about 17 lbs and is about 27 1/2 inches tall. Almost too big for her carseat... I guess we will be heading to Babies R Us soon (our hangout)!
I hope to be updating regularly again. Sorry for the long wait!
Much Love~Al
No comments:
Post a Comment